Friday, January 20, 2012

TGIF...Maybe???

Actually, that does not mean a whole lot to me since I am a caregiver. My work is at home, and I love it. I get so inspired with so many ideas to re-decorate our house. It is awesome.
Since Glenn's parent's bout this house 38yrs ago, there is quite a bit of "stuff" In fact, it was somewhat overwhelming. I know there are boxes way up in the main attic that were never unpacked when they moved. And we have all of the stuff we moved out of our own house 6 years ago. But the closets have been cleaned out, so it is slowly coming along. One major thing I been able to do is go throw all of the Totes with Christmas decorations in them. In the process, find all of the "original" small boxes, and match them back up with the right decorations. It will mean that we will end up with less Totes, and hardly any cardboard boxes. All of the Totes are labeled with the contents on the outside of the Tote.
And..that means next year, all we have to do is look at the Tote to see which ones we want to use. I love organization. Along with everything getting better organized, I am finding quite a bit of vintage stuff. I really love vintage things. I am blending the vintage goodies with things we already have, and it is starting to look pretty good. But, in the future, we have a huge job in front of us.
With Glenn's Dad having Alzheimer's, it is hard to make some of the changes that need to be done. And there is also my pain to factor in. Eventually, the house needs to be repainted inside. The carpet cleaned downstairs. Oak hardwood floors will need to be professionally re-done. I know of several spots that need sanding, so might as well do it all at once.
As much as needs to be done...at least I do not have to duck when I open the closet doors..LOL...Aah, it is the simple things that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment