Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Son Called...So I also heard from John Hopkin's Hospital

You know that feeling, where you are so excited you resemble a yappy little Poodle. I have the feeling right now. I am going to try not to let my ADHD kick in, and stay on one subject at a time...right...
I heard my Son's Voice on the phone last night and was squealing, trying hard not to bawl like a baby. He had been out of "The Hole" for 4 days, but still not allowed to call me. I was so livid, I started posting pictures never before seen during his burn injury, and posting the injustice, that would refuse to give him the "Proper Medical Care" for MRSA. They were risking the health and well being of not only my Son, but every other inmate, and their own health as well. Now that I have heard from him, it has helped my anxiety attacks. But I am going to keep writing letter to raise awareness of Prison Conditions.

For the record...I do not expect anyone to treat Jr different just he is; "The Burned Boy From TV"  He made a mistake, he has almost a year left on his sentence. But, given a very well documented case of MRSA, they should've transported him to The Medical College of Virginia, where they have a locked down unit. I never yelled, cursed, but I explained over and over for almost a week that he had been processed in to Powhatan Medical Unit at Powhatan Correctional Center. He had required ER surgery to remove a monster "pocket of yellowish looking infection", and the diagnosis was confirmed it was MRSA.

Seven months later, it should never have required my "throwing a fit", calling Sen. Warner's Office, Gov's Office, the Press, etc.

Now, the update for me. I received an E-Mail from The Pediatric Oncologist at John Hopkin's University that also will treat Adults. It took me almost 6 months to find a Doctor, and get in to have a consultation with him. But after reviewing my PET Scan, he and his team want to see the results of the Pulmonary Function Test I had done yesterday. They believe that I may just qualify for the Clinical Study.

Ahhh, what a Day...it is never boring being me..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment