Monday, February 6, 2012

An inspiration...for me

I woke up today with a sense of purpose...and no fuzzy brain. I think I am learning to live with the pain that comes with this Disease. All of the other Adults have issues with constant, unrelenting, deep pain as well as fatigue. I have that, but combine it with Diabetes, Chron's, and anxiety attacks from PTSD, most days I wake up and just groan.
I took care of phone, E-Mail, then bills and checking the mail. I packed the Jewelry Boxes, along with a couple other little surprises for Melissa, creator of  "Art For Molly" Auction.  And I am soooo excited!!! When I heard about the Auction, I went to the Facebook page, and it just felt right. So, I messaged Melissa to find out more. She led me to Molly's Page..and I had a hard time writing through the tears. Molly is an Angel now, and she is changing lives everyday. 15 is too young to become an Angel.
I remember 15. I was in Tennesee for my birthday, then after summer vacation, started High School. That was a big thing. In Virginia, in the county I lived in, we went to Jr High from 7th-9th Grade. The Football Games, Dances, Going to The Mall, and making pretty decent money Babysitting. It was so awesome to be able to do all of that. Then, I was ran over my a guy from out neighborhood. And it is not my Typing...he was riding a BICYCLE.
Yeah, well...the young ARMY Dude in the ER hard a hard time digesting that also....I get it, I really do. But when he grabbed my foot and pulled to "Help me out" of the backseat of my Mom's car, and the bone popped out of my leg...he deserved the long string of curse words that followed. Poor Mom, she was wishing for a bar of soap.
Then, I spent most of my school year in a cast. But, you can't stop the growing up, even with a broken leg. I was becoming a woman. My leg however, was not healing. We were sent to Walter Reed Army Hospital. They took me out of my cast, "formed" a custom brace to try to stimulate the bone growth by allowing more pressure to be put on the bones. It did not work, and at the next appt., the Doctor said he was going to amputate my Rt Leg from the knee down. So. my Mom went to see The Surgeon General's Office....see where i get my temper and my rants...lmao. She also contacted the Red Cross to have my Father "brought home" from deployment in Germany. And I had a bone graft from my Rt  Hip to my Rt leg. It took, but the stitches broke open..8-10 inches..all the way to the bone and ulcerated. They same Army Hospital, where I was originally treated opened my cast, the Doctor said...we have to clean it. Yes, he proceeded to hollar for "help holding her down"  Mom tried to help, but caught a Rt hook in the gut. They stuck a huge iodine gauze swab on a stick down to the bone and scrubbed, over and over. I think I passed out.
When I was wearing  the brace, I was able to get my learner's permit. I was feeling so "Grown Up" and I cannot imagine knowing that I had a Disease like this....At 15.
Molly, your Memory lives on. I did not "know you or meet you" But reading your Journal, watching the video of the Musical, and seeing how much you had humbles me.

No comments:

Post a Comment