Sunday, February 5, 2012

Like "The Red Caboose", I think I can....

I try, and I try, but I must confess....I am not "getting" crocheting. I have tried the You Tube Videos, the most simple, basic, and instructions that are meant for children. And some of it resembles the pictures, but I just don't get the Double Chain/Stitch. I also have a bag of Granny Squares done by my Mother-in-Law.
I really want to finish the afghan for one of my Nephews. It would mean so much to him, especially since she is no longer with us, and he just went away to college. It is hard to picture him grown, and in his first place away from his parents.
I have the same problem with typing or keyboarding. I took it in High School, and 2 times in college, From my fingers to my brain, there is a ...lol..."Missing Link". I fear it is so.I can usually find a way to figure it out. I have almost 12 years of production experience. Many of my positions required  fast paced, repetitive hand movements, so I know once I figure it out, it will be easy.
Well, Bless my Hubby. One of his favorite customers came in today and had yarn and needles in her basket. He mentioned that I was trying very hard to learn by teaching myself. She gave him her phone number, they have a group that meet at her church on Mondays. She also said I could come to her her house also. And that it great. I just need to watch some one so I can mimic the hand movements and the way to turn the yarn, and so on....
I am so easy to please

No comments:

Post a Comment